Saturday, April 07, 2007

Left ear right brain

I had quite the experience this evening. Now we all know that men are like waffles and women are like a plate of spagetti. Men work in one box at a time. When the trouble is solved they go to the next box. If the problem can't be solved, they move on the to next box. Why waste time on something that can't be solved. Women on the other hand are like a plate of spagetti because every thing is all connected, touching and everything is effected by everything. They can take care of the kids, while making dinner, while watching TV, while writing a book. Also I've learned recently that most men are right brained logical thinkers. According to those that study this stuff the left ear is connected to the right brain so to be sure a man understands he must hear what's spoken in his left ear.

I talked with my cousin, Julie, earlier this week. During the conversation of solving the world's troubles we were jumping from box to box. No problem because I'm educated about how this all works. However I forgot to put the phone on my left ear. So in the middle of the conversation we jumped into a box where she invited me to hear one of friends sing.

What she said is not what I heard. What I heard was "How would like to go.....blah blah blah blah..... FRIEND SING... blah blah blah..... ROSE THEATRE ...... blah blah blah blah blah..... OPERA ....... blah blah blah blah. I responded with sure sounds like fun." So I tell my social club group about how I'm going to the Rose Theatre and hear my cousin's friend sing Opera. They were impressed for sure. Oh yeah, I'm the cultured man of the hour.

Here's what Julie said. "How would like to go hear my friend sing at a concert at the Rose Theatre. She's had opera voice training." Hmmmmm, not quite the same is it. No it isn't. What we were going to see is Julie's friend sing at a Inspirational Black Gospel Concert. Well, that's pretty close isn't it? Just kidding. Everyone had a good laugh all night about the culture I was getting. It was culture all right but not opera culture.

And so it is with left ear right brain. Or maybe with Old Dave is was brain disconnected.

Always remember laughter is good medicine for the soul. Especially if it's about yourself. There's a lot of good material when your with me that's for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.